Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Trinity #2 Review

Writer: Kurt Busiek and Fabian Nicieza
Art: Mark Bagley

I am going to give this title some more time. It is clear that Busiek has a motive and is setting up his story in an economic pace, but I didn't find this particular issue fascinating in any sense. The first issue stood out a bit because I found the interplay between the Trinity to be pretty solid. We didn't get that here. The dreams were slowly coming into reality, and the heroes were trying to deal with it. I love the idea of a backup story to the weekly events, but I am not really into them yet. The end of this issue set up the backup story (which happened before the end of the issue), and the main story had elements of last week's backup story. So I can see the importance of the backup, which is good. It's just not written real well. I like the covers, but the interior isn't anything special.

Art: Hit It and Quit It
Overall: Skim It

No comments:

Post a Comment