Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Action #866 Review

Writer: Geoff Johns
Art: Gary Frank

This issue was great. It started off providing a really dark recap of how Kandor got stolen by Brainiac. This was a good introduction to this villain. The large Brainiac head was absolutely terrifying (I woke up this morning thinking about that head thing). The scene in the Daily Planet had it all. There was good character interaction, and Johns provided some humor (Yes, Clark did maintain eye contact). I am really feeling this upcoming story arc and I think it will provide the man of steel a nice challenge. I find the whole brain in space thing to be scary as hell. At the end we see Brainiac awake from his sleep after the robot detects Krypton blood. Weird. I found Frank's art to be outstanding, and I am really looking forward to this story.

Art: Phenom
Overall: OWN IT

No comments:

Post a Comment