Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 5, 2008

New Avengers #40 Review

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Artist: Jim Cheung

Synopsis: The Skrull King is confronted by the religious princess about his adherence to not follow the sacred text. He kicks her ass and exiles her only for years later to be brought back in because the king fucked up. They start planning the invasion and discuss technology. The queen wants to go undercover and asks who can do the most damage, the answer is Spider-Woman.


Comments: The problem I have with this issue is the fact that the backstory of the invasion does nothing for me because I don't care for the invasion. I think Marvel is laying it out there too soon. If they had waited until three issues into SI it would have been a lot more interesting because you would be wondering how things happened. It's a simple of matter of why should I care about this issue now. I'm just disappointed because there is no incentive to care about this now, they would be better served if they wait to reveal the origin behind each replacement after that player does a major action. The art is great though and I really enjoyed and on a technical level it is a solid issue, but as what it does for the story it is quite disappointing. I am also mad about the cover as it is completely misleading.


SKIM IT

No comments:

Post a Comment